Monday, May 13, 2013

Sterling Earrings....contemporary, clean designs in metal

"Shield" sterling earrings handformed from wire/sheet
"Gecko" domed sterling earrings, roller printed, domed

"Odessia" sterling earrings from sheet/wire, roller printed and domed
"Minimal" sterling earrings, fabricated from sheet/wire


My Signature stamp on all of my jewelry.

 I love to work with sterling silver. I like the idea that I can take a simple sheet of metal and some wire and turn it into a miniature piece of art to wear.

I wanted something unique to use in my jewelry so I started creating one of a kind glass cabochons to incorporate into my work. I also sell my cabs in my www.GrowingEdgeGlass.etsy.com shop. See my link to the right!

Below is a piece that I created using one of my cabochons set in a sterling silver bezel which was soldered to a roll printed back plate of sterling. I soldered an oval ring to the back of my piece and attached two jump rings. This pendant hangs from a solid sterling silver wire necklace.

"Oceanside" sterling silver and lampworked glass cabochon pendant

I will be back in my studio this week to create more pieces using my cabochons. Those pieces will be listed in my www.MikelenesJewelry.etsy.com shop in the near future.

Stay tuned !!



No comments:

Post a Comment